Monday, December 12, 2011

Day trip to North Palm Beach

What a funny day Sunday was. We decided it was time to move farther south although the weather looked unpleasant. Caribbean Soul needed her fresh water tanks filled and her holding tank pumped out, so we battled a bit of tide and a lot of wind to get from our anchorage to the fuel dock in Ft. Pierce. Then as we headed down the waterway, torrential rains started. You can see in the pictures below that Capt. John had to bear the brunt of the weather, while I huddled in a dry spot under the dodger. Just when we decided to look for another spot to anchor, the sky in front of us cleared. It ended up being a nice day of motoring down to North Palm Beach.




It's noon here and very nice. Capt. John is ashore getting some paperwork notarized and sent off so his sister can settle their Dad's estate. It seems that you can jump on a boat and pretend that paperwork, etc. doesn't exist for you---but, no, that's never true--that stuff will find you. But, we're not complaining--Dianna's doing all the bigtime paperwork on this one!

Next John is getting a taxi to a station that will refill our propane tank. We ran out of propane a couple of days ago just as I was cranking up that great little Force 10 stove in the galley for a big meal--yikes! My first thought was, "How will I make morning coffee without a stove?" Then I remembered packing the little single-burner camp stove that Mom gave us for power outages at home. You would think that would be a releiving thought--but no--I also remembered WHERE I'd backed it. I was so sure that we wouldn't need it, I stowed it in a deep dark hole way down in the boat. To get to the "rescue stove" I had to completely unpack all the canned goods that were stowed in the compartment directly above the stove's little hidey hole. Hope this bit of drama isn't boring for you. I did get the camp stove out and it is cooking coffee for us, but when John gets back from town, we should be back in business with the galley stove. Such things are important, ya know.



Here are pictures from yesterday:

Lots of very fancy places along this part of the waterway.



This one had a herd of Greek goddesses dancing in the yard or guarding the pool or something!



After the rain cleared we got to watch a laser regotta out in the sound.


And then we both noticed that the landscape smelled fresh and unmarine like--well, guess what? We were smelling this nicely manicured golf course right beside the waterway!




But remember that we started our day with me huddled under the dodger, and . . . . .



John out braving the elements. I know you can see his teeth, but trust me--that is not a big smile on his face.




Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment